Pages

24 June 2011

Hello from Melbourne!

Melbourne is a vibrant, diverse city in a fascinating country.  I hope you will share discoveries with me as I'll be posting updates from time to time.  

We are very busy here and the days are short as it is now winter.  BTW, time and date stamps are off, I don't yet know how to change it!  We are one day (17 hours) ahead of indicated time.

The work at BAA is manufacturing Flight Control Surfaces such as Ailerons, Flaperons and the like for the new 787 Dreamliner.  It is a new process with new materials and comes with some challenges.  The staff are great folks who meet the challenges with typically witty Aussie humor.  I'm glad to be among them and hope to make a real contribution!

That's all for now.  I am off to the Victoria Market while there is still some daylight.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogisphere Ed, it's a kick showing folks what we see.... at least thru our eyes.

    I went to St Paul's Cathedral today and actually went inside and got some good shots. Don't know if I was supposed to but did anyway. What an awesome place. I'm not much on religion but this is a very special place, you could feel it. Check out my shot of it on my blog www.brightwaterbay.com/wp

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's St. Patrick's Cathedral, not St. Paul's, so I screwed up the names. St. PAuls is the one by the train station on Flinders street

    ReplyDelete